Flood Plain Management Department
The Purpose of the Floodplain Management Department is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare and to minimize public and private losses due to flood conditions in specific areas.
The Department shall achieve these goals by:
- Restricting or prohibiting uses which are dangerous to health, safety, and property due to water or erosion hazards.
- Require that uses vulnerable to floods, including facilities which serve such uses, be protected against flood damage at the time of initial construction.
- Control the alteration of natural floodplains, stream channels, and natural protective barriers which are involved in the accommodation of flood waters.
- Control filling, grading, dredging, and other development which may increase erosion or flood damage.
- Prevent or regulate the construction of flood barriers which will unnaturally divert floodwaters or which may increase food hazards to other lands.
- Make federally subsidized flood insurance available for structures and their contents in the Town of Mooresville by fulfilling the requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program.
4 E. Harrison St.
Mooresville, IN 46158
(317) 831-9546 Fax
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.