The purpose of the Stormwater Department is to provide for the health, safety, and general welfare for the citizens of the Town of Mooresville through the regulation for non-stormwater discharges to the storm drainage system to the maximum extent practicable as required by federal and state law.
The Department shall achieve these goals by:
- Regulate contributions of pollutants to the MS4 by Stormwater discharges by any user.
- Prohibit Illicit Discharges and Connections to the MS4.
- Protect, to the greatest extent practicable, life, property and the environment from loss, injury and damage by pollution and erosion.
- Protect the public interest in drainage and related functions of drainage basins and watercourses.
- Protect surface waters and receiving waters from pollution, mechanical damage, excessive flows and other conditions which degrade the environment, or endanger aquatic life, health and safety.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Town as trustee of the environment for future generations.
The Town of Mooresville is a member of the Morgan County Partnership for Water Quality.
TO REPORT ILLICIT DISCHARGES Call 317-831-9545
Educational Materials and Reports
State of Indiana & IDEM Documents
Stormwater Department Documents
- Illicit Discharge Ordinance
- Illicit Discharge Fines Ordinance
- Soil and Erosion Control Permit Application
- Stormwater Management Erosion Control Ordinance 2012
- Stormwater Design Manual
- Stormwater Permit Application
- O & M Manual
4 E. Harrison St.
Mooresville, IN 46158
(317) 831-9546 Fax
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.